Saturday, November 17, 2018

Gonorrhea, Be Gone!


I received that message unceremoniously on a Tuesday afternoon from a guy whom I had intimate contact with during the most recent group fun activity (okay, okay, an orgy) I attended earlier this month. He then offered to refer me to his doctor.

By that same afternoon, I booked an appointment.

Day of the appointment, and I arrived on time at his clinic. Unlike most doctors I've encountered so far, he was early. When my turn came, he ushered me into his office. He asked me a series of questin in quick succession, then told me, "Look, to be safe, I'm going to give you a shot, then I'll prescribe an antibiotic which you need to take twice a day for 10 days. Is that okay?"

"Sure," I said. My friend had told me about the shot and meds, so I was prepared for the injection.

The doctor then ushered me to his examination room, where he instructed me to pull down my pants and lie down so he can examin my junk. After a few seconds of poking and probing, he declared, "Well, no signs of anything. Your skin there's just drier than usual. I'll prescribe a skin wask and lotion for that."

For a baby-skin soft, baby-skin smooth cock. Nice tagline.

The doctor then brought out his needle and medicine. It was a big-ass needle. "This is going to be a bit painful," he said, sounding apologetic.

Frankly, I was unperturbed. For the past several years I've had my blood extracted every three months for my regular HIV testing. Surely one big-ass needle is nothing. Still, when he positioned the needle on my left (non-dominant) arm, I decided to look away.

"Breathe deeply," he said, then I felt the needle puncture my skin.

The initial prick was nothing; they say it's like an ant's bite, but really it isn't. It's like a very light pinch, then it's gone. But after that I felt the medicine going in.

I saw what the medicine looked like; it was a clear liquid, and judging by the way it moved inside the bottle, its viscosity was similar to water. Yet as it entered my body, I felt a thick liquid coursing through my veins. When he finished, he pulled out the needle. Then I felt a steady, dull pain, like someone seriously punched me repeatedly on my arm. It began first from the injection area, then it spread down my left arm. The pain was increasing in small increments. It felt like I couldn't, or didn't want to, move my left arm. Damn doc was right, I thought.

After a while the pain subsided to a more comfortable level (though I do have a high pain threshold — just ask the dentist who did my root canal). What surprised me was how long the pain stayed steadily on my arm. I actually got worried that it'll be uncomfortable steering the wheel with both hands.

Happily, by the time I was settling my bill with his attendant, the pain retreated to a dull ache.

If you're reading this, and you've been sexually active with different sexual partners whose sexual health you have no idea about, then it wouldn't hurt to get yourself tested for various STDs. There are also vaccines against certain STDs (like HPV, for example) which you can avail of. Better be safe so you can continue to play safe.

No comments: